Added: February 8, 2021
Last updated: February 8, 2021
Our GDPR Privacy Notice contains additional information about how Ocean Soul (US) processes personal information that is subject to EU data protection laws (including those implementing the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”), and encompasses personal information about users of the Sites and others with whom we engage.
Plugins and Companies That Collect Information
- Booking Center
- Ocean Soul utilizes Booking Center to book reservations. We take all the information you provide through the booking form. All information is retained indefinitely for business reasons, including those reasons that follow the law. If you would like to know what information is obtained about you please contact us. We will be happy to assist you concerning the data that has been collected. Booking Center is PCI complaint and all data is stored in a secure database. The Booking Center is NOT located on our database or connected to our domain name. Booking Center is a third party company we pay for each month. Learn more about Booking Center’s privacy policies.
- Gravity Forms
- Google Analytics
- Site Reviews
- We provide our own reviews on Ocean Soul website by using the Site Reviews plugin. When entering your information you give Ocean Soul permission to post your review and give us full rights of ownership. If a bad review is received then we will contact you per the email you provided to rectify the situation and make it right. If you were displeased with Ocean Soul’s property, employees or any other issue we kindly ask you contact us immediately at 682.201.8577 or email us here. We will be happy to assist you. Site Reviews does capture your I.P. address, name and email. Learn more about Site Reviews privacy policies.
- WP Fastest Cache
- Ocean Soul uses WP Fastest Cache to make our website faster. This plugin uses caching method that works with your browser. To know more about what this plugin does view their website here.
- WP Mail SMTP
- Ocean Soul uses WP Mail SMTP to transmit the forms you fill out by WP Forms on our website to our email.
- WP Mail SMTP doesn’t store or track user information in any way but rather changes the method of email delivery. So while SMTP is not involved in the issues addressed by GDPR, any plugins that are responsible for the collection of user information would be (such as a forms plugin, etc).
- Ocean Soul uses WP Mail SMTP to transmit the forms you fill out by WP Forms on our website to our email.
- Yoast SEO Premium Plugin
- Ocean Soul uses Yoast SEO premium plugin. Learn more about Yoast SEO GDPR.
The information we collect
We collect information directly from individuals online, as well as automatically through the use of our Sites.
- Information collected directly
We may collect personal information about you—such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.—directly from you. For example, personal information may be collected when you fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form, sign up for our mailing lists, register for events we host or sponsor, submit information (eg, our Inventors Notes Form from Lawmatics), post comments on our blogs, or otherwise provide us information through the Sites. Generally, the information we collect includes your:
- Name, company name and title/position.
- Email address, phone number, mailing address and contact details.
- Contact preferences and interests.
- Business affiliations.
- For events, it may include dietary restrictions, requested accommodations and other event-related preferences.
- If you register for, attend or participate in CLEs that we make available, we may collect your Bar number and other information necessary for CLE credit and reporting purposes.
- Other information related to your request or inquiry.
- Automatically-collected information
Our use of personal information
We use the personal information you provide to respond to your request or inquiry and in the ordinary course of conducting our business. Generally, we use the information (including personal information) that we collect online as follows:
- Providing support and services
To provide and operate our Sites, communicate with you about your use of the Sites, provide troubleshooting and technical support, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, process your payments, communicate with you, and for similar service and support purposes.
- Responding to your requests
To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, and consider your request or application (eg, if you have submitted a resume or other application information online or by email, we will use it as part of the application review process).
To tailor content we may send or display on the Sites, including to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Newsletters, mailing lists and direct marketing
For direct marketing purposes, including to send you newsletters, client alerts and information we think may interest you. If you are located in a jurisdiction that requires opt-in consent to receive electronic marketing messages, we will only send you such messages if you opt-in to receive them.
- Analytics and improvement
To better understand how users access and use the Sites, and our other products and offerings, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations and to develop services and features.
- Protect our legal rights and prevent misuse
- Comply with legal obligations
To comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and/or other lawful requests by regulators and/or law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
- General business operations
Where necessary, for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions.
- Anonymous and de-identified information
We create and use anonymous and de-identified information to assess, improve and develop our business, products and services, and for similar research and analytics purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
Ocean Soul is a vacation home and any information that we collect or that you provide to us may be shared and processed by any Ocean Soul practicing entity. You can find out more about the Ocean Soul entities and locations here. We will not rent or sell your personal information, nor will we share it with third parties, outside of Ocean Soul, for their marketing purposes.
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third party service providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as data hosting or software or technology services.
- Our professional advisers, such as lawyers and accountants.
- Government and/or regulatory authorities.
- Professional indemnity insurers.
- Regulators, tax authorities and/or corporate registries.
In addition, we may disclose personal information to other third parties under the following circumstances:
- Business transfers
As part of any merger, sale and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
- Legally required
If we are required to do so by law (eg, to law enforcement, courts or others, eg, in response to a subpoena or court order).
- Protect our rights
Where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, comply with legal processes (eg, subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, or for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Ocean Soul, our clients and customers, or others.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies and similar devices
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities while using our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also referred to as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our services to, among other things, track the activities of users of our services, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, to identify when our emails are viewed, and to track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Log files
Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
- Third party analytics
- Do-not-track signals
As noted, we may send periodic promotional emails to you, and where required by law, we will obtain your consent to do so. You may opt out of such communications at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or email us by filling out our contact form. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Ocean Soul is a vacation home; when you submit personal information to us, or when others provide personal information to us, we will receive it and process it in the United States and in other locations where we are located, or where we have service providers. In order to provide services, we also may need to transfer your personal information to locations in other jurisdictions.
If you are based within European Economic Area (EEA), please note that where necessary to deliver the services, we will transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA (including to other Ocean Soul practicing entities). Countries outside the EEA may not provide an adequate level of protection to your personal information. This is why the practicing entities have signed a data sharing agreement, based on the EU standard contractual clauses, to provide appropriate safeguards and an adequate level of protection for personal information.
You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA; you may request such details by contacting us as set forth in the “How to contact us” section below.
Access and correction
If you would like to review the personal information we have collected about you via the Sites, or request that we update or delete it, please contact us.
Third party websites and links
Our Site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Our commitment to security
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
How to contact us
If at any time you decide that we should no longer hold any of your personal information, or you wish to change the use to which any such information can be put, please let us know by emailing us.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://oceansoulhawaii.com/contact/
- By phone number: 682.201.8577
We reserve the right to revise this Policy or any part of it from time to time. Please review the Policy periodically for changes. If we make material changes, we will endeavor to provide notice ahead of such changes, such as by email or through a notice on www.oceansoulhawaii.com.